Lucian Teo wrote:

Hey guys,

I'm invoking the CSS gods out there once again.

The page I'm working on (http://tribolum.com/test/navmedia/about/) displays perfectly (so far) in Firefox and Safari, but IE6/PC bombs it. Big surprise there.

For the h1 <span> element (image replacement) I use a -20px margin to undo a 20px margin set on the content div. IE6/PC lines up the image correct horizontally, but pushes it up 20px into the navigation bar.

I also use a negative -40px margin-bottom on the h1 element to pull the "Who Are We?" up. On Firefox, I can do a -50px. On Safari I can only do a -40px, while on IE/Mac, the heading disappears under the h1 graphic.

I'm tempted to perform a kill bill volume 3 on my own.

Lucian

Hi Lucian!

I had the same problem with margins in IE. I fixed margin problems in my css by some hacks, but I couldn't force IE 5.5 to output it right. So, I used browser detect script[1] and created file called ie55.css with right margins for IE 5.5. In the <head> element I included the following lines:
<script type="text/javascript" src="browser_detect.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
if(browser.isIE55 == true)
{
document.write('<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="ie55.css">');
}
</script>

   [1] http://www.dithered.com/javascript/browser_detect/index.html

Good luck!