From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Peter Ottery
Sent:
Wednesday, April 28, 2004 8:28 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: [WSG] SMH launch

when we launched theage.com.au last week Justin pointed outa way (adding 1px padding to the left of the main "#wrap" div) to make Firefox keep the background image aligned hard left with the content when your browser window was narrower than the content - and stopped the background image becoming mis-aligned with the content.

Even tho that fixed it in Firefox the problem still exists in Opera and mac ie. Heres a screenshot of the new smh site with a browser window set narrower than the content (note the body bg mis-aligned with the left nav):

any ideasof a way to make these browsers keep the background image aligned hard left and not adversly affect anything else?

pete