Forgive me if this is a little off scope for this list, but having read
the recent publication from Didier Hilhorst and Daniel Rubin of
Sinelogic, Budget Design: Increase Profit by Improving Process
(http://sinelogic.com/), I was wondering what other freelancers and
small web development teams classified as a "small budget" website.

To me it seems that the discussion of what we web developers charge our
clients is a little taboo, but hey, I really want to know if our
business is underpricing/overpricing our product.

I know there are plenty of second year multimedia students charging a
pittance for a table layout website that only looks good in I.E. - many
of our clients come to us having been burnt by such an experience (no
offence intended to any second year mm students). But how are other web
dev businesses costing their XHTML/CSS sites.

At this present time, for our team a small budget website consists of a
5 to 10 "page" (for want of a better word) XHTML/CSS site with CMS and
can cost the client anywhere from AU$3.5K to AU$5.5K depending on
customisation.

Luke Moulton