From: Kim Kruse [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, July 04, 2004 3:15 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [WSG]

Hi Lee,

>Hello Kim,
>Strict requires all pages to be opened in the same window.

OK... I thought the onkeypress combined with onclick would do OK since it validates strict

>Regardless of how you do the _javascript_ it will not provide an accessible option.  My recommendation would be to remove the >onkeypress and use tabindex and accesskey.  Then the person can open those links in new windows.  I would have the links >open in a new window and that window be a regular window - not like you have now.

OK... I'll follow your recommandation and use accesskey instead.

>Let us discuss heading tags for a moment.  You seem to be using your heading tags improperly.  Your H1 tag is the same on all >pages and linked to your homepage.  That is improper.  H1 tags help define the topic of the page.  Subsequent heading tags >should support or be a sub-heading of the previous heading.  .

I use the H1 as a general describtion for the group (forside) and then I use the H2 to identify the topic for the page in focus. Is that wrong?

>Your H3 headings seem to be used for font sizing.  You cannot use >heading tags for font size declarations.  They must be >used for real headings

No... they are used for paragraph headings (Describtions)

>3.5 Use header elements to convey document structure and use them according to specification. [Priority 2]
>For example, in HTML, use H2 to indicate a subsection of H1. Do not use headers for font effects.

So it may be that I use the H1 tag in untraditional way but still according to the describtion you give... well almost.

>I hope this helps further.

Yes it does... but I'm also quite confused. I thought the way I set up the page would better if you can't see the pageand have to use a screenreader. Is it better to use the H1, H2 and H3 tags the way you described or is the way I use them also OK? (and that would be H1=group describtion, H2=page describtion and H3 as describtion for the paragraphs which are short news)

I hope I don't ask too much but I find this stuff rather complicated.

Thanks for all your help
Kim