Andy, I completely agree with you on all the points you make.  I said the
same thing to Liddy a few years back and offered to fix the site.  I spent
about a month of nights after work and weekends fixing and going back and
forth with Liddy to okay it.  When it was finally finished, for some strange
reason she took it down and put the old one back.  She never explained why.
So I never bothered mentioning it again.

I don't know, but you could either approach her yourself, or I could try
again on behalf of interested people on this list and do a collaborative
effort somewhere.  If so, do you think it would be better to target the main
program when all the submissions and papers are finalised?

And I think another point coming out of this is that Accessibility will
retain this stigma it has of poor visual interface design (rightly or
wrongly) until the real design community gives in a new suit, instead of the
op shop clothing it is associated with.

Geoff