Users shouldn't need zoom, but the problem is graphic
designers think 9px font sizes should be the standard.
I'm afraid even I can't read that.  So, until we get rid
of graphic designers who believe concepts such as small
font sizes is best we will continue to have the problems.

No, IE doesn't allow you to increase or decrease font size
when the designer uses px, pc, or pt.  So, zoom is
required.

IE also does not support multiple choice for style sheets.
So, the option of allow ing the user to select a font-size
isn't always acceptable.  However, if you are using the
DOM you can help visitors by offering varying style sheets
based upon a selection within the code of the page.  I
think there is an article about this on A List Apart.

Lee Roberts
http://www.roserockdesign.com
http://www.applepiecart.com