At 05:00 PM 9/23/2004, Tony Aslett wrote:
I created a list of CSS properties and browsers that support them http://www.csscreator.com/attributes/

Excellent work, Tony.  Are you storing this in an SQL database?

I'd like to see some other layers of information added to a database such as yours. For instance, in addition to generalizing None, Part, or Full support of a property by various browsers, I'd also like to specify exactly how they differ, since all browsers that "support" a particular feature may not do so in the same way.

There are also quirks that don't quite come in the category of "support" but are critical nonetheless, such as the way IE requires there to be a background-color in order to render certain elements properly.

Other quirks, such as IE's maverick box model, would be difficult to categorize in a listing of properties but could probably be referenced under such properties as margin & padding.

There are certain phenomena that occur when several properties and elements interact, and it would be great to be able to find out what the database knows about, say, a UL nested inside a DIV when its LIs have float: left.

Onward~

Paul

****************************************************** The discussion list for http://webstandardsgroup.org/

Proud presenters of Web Essentials 04 http://we04.com/
Web standards, accessibility, inspiration, knowledge
To be held in Sydney, September 30 and October 1, 2004