In Safari on the Mac it looks pretty much the same as it does in IE on the PC.  If
you're interested, you can see it at
http://www.imagine-hosting.com/images/IG-3-template.gif

My IE 5.2 on the Mac behaved as you report and I had to force quit.

Thge only suspect I could see in your code was this:
@media tty {
 i{content:"\";/*" "*/}} @import '/bioie5.css'; /*";}
}/* */
/*\*//*/