Andrew> In Safari on the Mac it looks pretty much the same as
Andrew> it does in IE on the PC.  If you're interested, you can see it
Andrew> at http://www.imagine-hosting.com/images/IG-3-template.gif

Andrew> My IE 5.2 on the Mac behaved as you report and I had to force quit.

Andrew> Thge only suspect I could see in your code was this:
Andrew> @media tty {
Andrew>  i{content:"\";/*" "*/}} @import '/bioie5.css'; /*";}
Andrew> }/* */
Andrew> /*\*//*/
Andrew>   @import "/bioie5mac.css";
Andrew> /**/

Andrew> What's with this?

Andrew> --------------------------------

The top "hack" is the mid-pass filter
http://tantek.com/CSS/Examples/midpass.html
sending styles to IE5* Win only

The bottom one is the IE5/Mac Band Pass Filter
http://tantek.com/log/2004/07.html#ie5macbandpass
sending styles to IE5 Mac only

I should have said in earlier post, that there are other pages with
the same CSS and <meta> stuff which display fine in IE5 Mac:

http://morst.signify.co.nz/templates/ig4-template.asp
http://morst.signify.co.nz/templates/ig2-template.asp

It's just this one page for some reason!

thanks though

Mike Brown

SIGNIFY LTD :: the logic behind

Proud presenters of Web Essentials 04 http://we04.com/
 Web standards, accessibility, inspiration, knowledge
To be held in Sydney, September 30 and October 1, 2004