Hi

Im experimenting with some techniques from dan cederholms book "Web Standards Solutions" and found that setting a background image like so

h1 , h2 , h3 , h4 , h5
{
  text-align : left;
  padding-bottom: 14px;
  background: url(/img/under_heading.gif) repeat-x bottom;
}

caused the background image to continue across the whole container div width, my guess is that this occurs because Hx tags are BLOCK elements, so I added :

  display: inline;

Which "seemed" to fix the problem, and made the background display only below the text in Hx tags,

Are there any caveats to bear in mind when forcing Hx tags to be "inline" ?

--
Neerav Bhatt
http://www.bhatt.id.au

http://www.bhatt.id.au/blog/ - Ramblings Thoughts