> Neerav, in any case... What if you leave the Hx as block elements, but
> use no-repeat instead? I think it's your repeat-x that's causing the
> problem...

That does not take into account headings of different character length. From
what I understand, the underline must be under the content only, no matter
how long the content is.

If this is true, one method would be to wrap the content in a span or em
element and apply the background image to this:
http://www.maxdesign.com.au/jobs/css/inline-heads/index3.htm

Not highly recommended (unnecessary markup) but better than the inline
option which could bite you later on  :)

Russ