Thanks, Susan , will correct the errors.

Not sure why I am floating the img - it sort of evolved I think. Are you saying I don't need to as it is in a float already?

Yes, I think padding is the problem with the overall issue. The previous correct version does have different padding, or rather, padding: 0 ; so at least I have a fall-back position. If I want to keep the larger background image, I will have to dicker with it. Thanks for looking.

Susan R. Grossman wrote:

also, I'm not sure why you're floating the image div in the left nav which is already floating?

Neither one of these is your issue though, I think the problem is a combination of the amount of the padding in #floatimgleft with the increased size of the image, combined with the margin on the <p> tag without padding set to 0. When I kill the padding and reduce the image width to 60, or remove the border in the P and put in 0 padding it works OK, so you need to play around with those.

Susan R. Grossman [EMAIL PROTECTED] ****************************************************** The discussion list for http://webstandardsgroup.org/

This message has been processed by Firetrust Benign.