my 2 cents worth.

I have used: http://flumpcakes.co.uk/css/optimiser/ it does a good job
but doesnt clean it up all. There is no substitute to doing the checks
manually.

First align up the key elements like body etc and then follow through
with the div as on the HTML page. You will notice if the elements
classes and divs are sequenced properly it does help page load times
too.

http://realworldstyle.com/environmental_style.html

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 21:34:14 +0100, Susanne Jäger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> john wrote:
> > I agree that ultimately doing it yourself is the best solution...but it
> > would be really helpful if I could see an optimised version of my CSS,
> > for comparison.  That's one of the best ways for me to learn.
>
> don't know if this works for you, but once I nearly finished a project -
> and sometimes on the way - I totally remove all styles, renaming the
> CSS-File. After that I start with a blank screen and put back every
> single block or even line considering what it's for, what I want to
> achieve and what's still missing, ordering by goals and not by former
> order in the original file. On my way, checking every step in conformant
> browser and every few steps in IE or some other crap. Sounds hard, but
> for me it's the most effective way of ending up with clean stuff and
> especially the first times its really very instructive.
>
> Susanne
>
> --
> Susanne Jäger
> http://sujag.de - Webentwicklung und -beratung