From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Natalie Buxton
Sent: Thursday, 2 December 2004 5:00 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [WSG] Siter Review Please

I'm far from the best designer around, but I'll try and give you some
constructive feedback.

1. From a design angle, the page is lovely to look at (see, we can be
nice here!).
2. Using tables for layout is totalyl unnecessary and totally against
what this list is about.
3. Use of spans when you could just style the actual table, tr, td or p
tags etc.
4. Use of br when you used spans - use divs instead to create a break or
use CSS to insert margin/padding 5. Alt text on images that are spacers
- they don't need alt text at all. (Its bad enough that they are used as
it is).
6. Tried to check out your hot logo design with images turned off, but
the page tells me nothing about what I would be looking at. Who was the
client? what was the project? were their limitations or awards involved?

Because you are a graphic designer, and not a web designer I'm not going
to go all our like Graham of Telstra and say "Crap". That's harsh and
really not constructive. I also feel your use of serif fonts is fine, as
long as you keep it for headings and never use it for paragraph text.

HTH

Natalie

--
Website Designer/Developer