I know I should read about Robots from the Robot FAQ web site. However, I am
a little pressed for time right now. What do I need to web sites to stop
Robots reading my web sites I maintain? Thank you.

Create a text file and name it 'robots.txt'

Paste the following code, save and upload to the root directory of each site you want to ban search engines from indexing:

Disallow: /

The first line identifies the search engine spiders (user-agents) the directive applies to (all)
The second line specifies the directories and files to be excluded, (all-from the root directory)

--
Andy Kirkwood | Creative Director

MOTIVE | web.design.integrity
http://www.motive.co.nz/
ph: +64 4 3 800 800  fx: +64 4 970 9693
mob: 021 369 693
93 Rintoul St, Newtown
PO Box 7150, Wellington South, New Zealand