On 15 Dec 2004, at 9:47 AM, Mordechai Peller wrote:

30 meg is pretty slow even with broadband.

Even with a T1 at maximum utilization it would take around 3 minutes; slightly more than the recommended 8 seconds for a page load.

To apply the '8 second rule' to *every* page on the web is patently absurd. You seem to be suggesting that no content that can't be delivered in 8 seconds should be published. I think you'll find that rule is intended for home pages, and applies to visitors' notoriously short attention spans. I would imagine that someone who wanted to view such a huge file (and had been told the size on the referring page) badly enough would wait for the download, even on dialup.

My 2c... and in any case, now OT.
Omnivision. Websight.
http://www.omnivision.com.au/