Title: Can't get image and text to line up in unordered list...
Kay,

I get a DNS timeout error when trying to access your link.

Graham

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Murphey, Kay
Sent: Wednesday, 5 January 2005 11:48 AM
To: 'wsg@webstandardsgroup.org'
Subject: [WSG] Can't get image and text to line up in unordered list...

Hello all,

I'm having trouble with styling unordered lists.  Am trying to get a thumbnail image to line up horizontally with some descriptive text.  I have spent hours trying one suggestion after another - and I am close, but not there yet.

Can't quite grasp what is keeping the text on a separate line - I was hoping that display: inline would do the trick...

Please view my test page at http://www.community.nsw.gov.au/list_test.htm  Any suggestions gratefully received and trialled.

The style sheet is very simple for this test:

ol, ul, li {margin: 0; padding: 0;}

#byitem { width: 400px; margin-left: 200px;  }

#byitem ul.horz { float: left; list-style-type: none;}
#byitem ul.horz li { float: left; width: 45px; }
#byitem ul.horz li.name { width: 300px;  margin-left: 70px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 14px; border-bottom: 1px solid #999; display: inline;}

Thanks for any help.

Kay Murphey
Web Manager
Dept of Community Services

This message is intended for the named addressee(s) only. It may be confidential. If you receive this message in error please notify us immediately by return mail and delete the message (and any attachments). Neither the NSW Department of Community Services nor the NSW Department of Ageing, Disability & Home Care are responsible for any changes to this message, or the consequences of any changes to this message.