Chris

Their minimum system requirements
http://pki.ato.gov.au/atocdia/MinSysReq.htm
suggest that Netscape 7.1 is supported. Given that this browser is
basically Mozilla 1.4 it's probable that they have a faulty browser
sniffer*

Threatening to sue them because of a faulty browser sniffer is
probably not a good idea. Maybe you can assist them by providing them
with your Firefox/Mozilla user agent....

Its always good to look before leaping.

HTH
James

*Using the User Agent extension and altering to Netscape 7.1 and IE 6
allows you to install their certificate.