Andreas Boehmer [Addictive Media] wrote:
G.S: Two factors creates this accessibility-problem with pixel-defined text: - Web designers in general don't know that IE/win can *override* font sizes. - Users in general don't know that either.

The technical side of it:

IE/win has "ignore font size..." amongst its accessibility-options... http://www.seoconsultants.com/windows/ie/accessibility/ ... and have had it since IE4 (at least), so we can not say that pixel defined fonts is an accessibility-problem in any major browser today.

A.B: But as you said: "Users in general don't know that". So it is an
accessibility problem: even if the browser has got the ability to override font-sizes, it is no use if the user does not know about it.

You are correct -- but my point was that the accessibility problem isn't caused by what browser people use. Lack of knowledge-- "ignorance" if you like-- will always be a problem. That's not limited to font size issues, or the web as such. It's a universal problem... :-)

My views (on the web) are best presented here:
http://www.gunlaug.no/contents/molly_1_01.html

I prefer to use font sizing methods / units that allow for
user-adjustments in all browsers, so the need for this
accessibility-options isn't there. However, I also try to make my pages
take it, *if* these options are used.

Some of that, and how I deal with it, is presented here:
http://www.gunlaug.no/contents/wd_1_03_02.html
... and on other pages in this new, and still unfinished, section on my
site. Guess I'm still trying to find a cure for the universal problem,
but I'm not sure if there is any...
I rest my case.

regards
        Georg