I don't think it is possible to get at these two browsers individually through CSS alone.

I would be inclined to optimise for the OS9 (IE5.1) version as that is the last decent browser for that platform (Mozilla 1.3 aside), and leave some rendering bugs in the OS X version. Mac OS X users (IE 5.2+) have an actively developed OS, and it's safe to assume that most users are probably going to use Safari, Firefox or Opera.

Terrence Wood.

Joe Leech wrote:

I need to target version 5.1 (OS9 ) separately from version 5.23 (OSX) as they seem to have slightly different behaviors with regard to relative/absolute positioning.