I dont use GMail, I just thought I would raise the issue because GMail is like Francesco said still a Beta.
So Google are already walking in the wrong direction of standards.

Just so you know, I think that google and gmail SHOULD try and be as accessible as possible.
If you disable javascript you can't use Gmail at all.

Anyway.
I think you are walking the same direction as google...
An attitude like that will end up back in the early 90's again...
We are trying to get out of the ditch, not dig deeper into it...

My 2 cents. Sorry to open the can of worms :)

- Chris

Gary Menzel wrote:

I'll repeat myself - just so that people know I am serious about this......

There are plenty of accesible free webmail clients available.

Explan to me why GMail has to make it's product accessible to everyone?

And quoting the laws about discrimination wont cut it.  They have the
right to shoot themselves in the foot and lose all the users who can't
access their FREE site because of all the other alternatives.

Now - if they had a monopoly on free webmail sites - it would be a
different story.  But they dont.  In fact, they are a late-comer to
the marketplace and may have a great deal of difficulty in gaining
market share.  Tough luck to GMail if they lose any or all of that
share because their product is not able to meet everyones needs.

Now...... the GOOGLE site is a different story - because they DO have
somewhat of a monopoly.  Although there are many search sites, very
few provide the same functionality in terms of the accuracy of
searching as their site does.  That one HAS to be accessible or they
are actually denying someone the unique features of that product.

So - build more ramps on more buildings - they need to be accessible.

But there are plenty of free webmail clients out there.  Lets leave
GMail alone so we ALL get some choice.

Regards, Gary Menzel

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 15:40:57 +1100, Andreas Boehmer [Addictive Media]