Hi John,

Firstly, thanks for taking a look - it sounds like the same issues described by Barry Cranmer too (whom I should also thank publicly!)

The main header & content stretches to the left overlapping the navigation, obstructing not only view but also clickability of the nav items (they're clickable, just the left edges). Then the ad space from google shifts to the right, overlapping the main content.

...thought that I'd fixed that, but I was only viewing at 800x600 resolution in Browsercam!

And if you scroll to the bottom, there's this large chunk of white space that juts out to the left. . .

...that was from my previous testing - whoops!

By the way, John, the screengrab 'elbombin_01.pdf' doesn't seem to work, but 'elbombin_02.pdf' is really helpful! :)

The method I use is to "text-align: center;" the body, and then have your wrapper margin set to "margin: 0px auto 0px auto;", and "text-align: left;" to bring everything back to left aligned. Perhaps that starting point could prove promising. . .

I've used that method previously, but I combined 'left:50%' with a negative left-hand margin because it *seemed* to be more stable across different browsers - I'll check that out again after having another play at Browsercam.

As for the example "pop-up", IE only displays a small bordered box to the left of the "ADDITIONS/CORRECTIONS" header, and Safari displays it fine but it sits underneath (z-index wise) your ending tagline of "El Bombin is Produced.

Okey-doke! Once again, thanks for that it's a big help, much appreciated.

Now I've got a bit more idea as to what's happening, I can make some changes to the Mac IE -specific stylesheet.

cheers,

Stuart

John D Wells wrote:
Well I wish I could offer a solution, but right now all I can give you is as problem. Mac Safari looks great, but IE 5.2 looks pretty rough.

<!-- snipped --!>

HTH, John