>> quote>    *Can you escape an ampersand using an
  entity such as & in JavaScript code and still
  have the script work?

*Gene, Good question. I dont know. I will try fix that.

  Thanks.

Gene,

I tried switch the javascript ampersands , by ASCII code , but the js didnīt works.

Anyone knows how to switch "&&" for a valid character?

Thanks,

Genau L. Jr

Genau Lopes Jr. wrote:

   *Can you escape an ampersand using an
   entity such as & in JavaScript code and still
   have the script work?

*Gene, Good question. I dont know. I will try fix that.

   Thanks.

Gene Falck wrote:

Hi Daniele,

You wrote:

good work, only two things :

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.meucarronovo.com.br%2F;verbose=1

http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http://www.meucarronovo.com.br/c/mcn.css

Hmmm I checked: http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.meucarronovo.com.br%2F;verbose=1

and I found errors listed as:

1.
(with the first "&" of the "&&" used to AND two
conditionals marked)
 Line 177, column 79: character "&" is the first
 character of a delimiter but occurred as data
 ...avaScript">if(document.getElementById&&screen.
 width>1000) document.getElement
 If you wish to include the "<" character in your
 output, you should escape it as "&lt;".
 Another possibility is that you forgot to close
 quotes in a previous tag.
and:
2.
(with the "s" of "screen.width" marked)
 Line 177, column 81: cannot generate system
 identifier for general entity "screen.width"
 ...aScript">if(document.getElementById&&screen.
 width>1000) document.getElementBy
 An entity reference was found in the document,
 but there is no reference by that name defined.
 Often this is caused by misspelling the reference
 name, unencoded ampersands, or by leaving off
 the trailing semicolon (;). The most common cause
 of this error is unencoded ampersands in URLs as
 described by the WDG in "Ampersands in URLs". ...

Of course, script is not an URL and I hadn't
given much thought to escaping characters in
JavaScript. Can you escape an ampersand using an
entity such as &#38; in JavaScript code and still
have the script work?

Regards,

Gene Falck
[EMAIL PROTECTED]