Siggy

See below:

> I think what you and I are both really waiting for is XHTML2; except we need
> to wait for browsers and W3C to adopt it :P
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml2/mod-list.html#edef_list_nl
>

> <nl>
>    <label>Contents </label>
>    <li href="#introduction">Introduction</li>
>    <li>
>       <nl>
>           <label>Terms</label>
>           <li href="#may">May</li>
>           <li href="#must">Must</li>
>           <li href="#should">Should</li>
>       </nl>
>    </li>
>    <li href="#conformance">Conformance</li>
>    <li href="#references">References</li>
> </nl>

Navigation Lists are just what I'm looking for. I've tested it in Firefox (mac)
- all OK. I've
styled the <label> tag to display:none; so that it only appears when/if users
have styles disabled.

BTW Where did you read that it is only available in XHTML2 ?

Thanks again for your help.

PS I'd also be interested in knowing what others think of this idea. I know
using display:none; is
not always desirable, but in this instance, where I have three separate
navigational areas, it seems
to help good ol' NN4 users etc to differentiate between the menus when style
sheets are disabled.

Sarah :)
--
XERT Communications