Hi, I'll sort of try this again, and hope the gods don't mail-bomb us :P.
SVG isn't quite flash, because it's not proprietary technology, but it's not terribly accesible either, because as far as I know, mozzilla is the only browser to have any built-in support for it (adobe has an svg plugin for IE). I guess one of the biggest differences here is that SVG has a future, where as flash is bound to the world of proprietary formats.
Has anyone here actually done any development with SVG?

Alan Trick