Andreas wrote:
>>> I am having difficulties getting IE to give a table a padding-left.

I dont think adding padding to the table itself is going to be reliable - as youve found out :)
I'd say that what you want to do is add padding to the cell/s of the table.

If you want to add padding to one column of the table (in your cae the left column), apply a style to a col tag [1] like this:

.1st-column {padding-left:25px}

<col class="1st-column">
<col>
<col>