On 2 Jun 2005 at 16:49, Vaska.WSG wrote:

> It's for a multilanguage site and base language will be English.
> Everything on the form will be English except the actual input
> (textarea).

Hello Vaska,

I think you are mixing two things which should be separated.

The first problem is the language of the page (defined in the header)
or the language of a block (defined like <div lang='en-us' in a
german document). Your page is english - so mark it as english.

The second problem is how to create a non-ascii character. There you
can use a codepage, ISO-8859-6 or something - and then you will have
problems showing characters which are not in this special codepage.
Additionally, you may use the hex-code (&#x0041; = A), but this is
also hard: Read a chinese text coded with entities - its not
possible.

There it's better to use UTF-8 - you will see the characters
directly.

Additionally, you may use some of the mathematical symbols, dingbats
(x2701 - x27BE) or the IPA (international phonetic alphabet). These
with entities - terrible. But you can't define a language - you can
use all these symbols in any language you can write.

Best Regards
Juergen Auer
http://www.sql-und-xml.de/