tee, or really any Chinese person on this list,

one thing that I've been cuious about is how do you deal with creating urls. this could sound extremely naive and i'm sorry for that. it's my understanding that use of latin1 characters only is allowed to make a url...or create folders etc...

http://www.this-is-latin1-text.com/and-this-is-a-folder/and-this-is-a-filename.php

this wouldn't be possible...

http://www.~{6(;[EMAIL PROTECTED]~{Q!Pc~}.com/~{6(;[EMAIL PROTECTED]~{Q!Pc~}/~{6(;[EMAIL PROTECTED]~{Q!Pc~}.php

i've been having to find a way to deal with this issue and so far i've only come up with workarounds that just don't seem very user-friendly.

i was looking at conversion maps but it became a completely crazy exercise...