I'm still playing with it, but I think your problem lies within this CSS from /hubs.css/:

#main #hubs {
   display: block;
   position: relative;
   width: 100%;
   margin: .75em 0 2em 0;
}

#main #hubs table {
   width: 515px;
   border-top: 1px solid #eee;
   border-left: 1px solid #eee;
   border-collapse: collapse;
   margin: 1em 0 0 0;
}

When commented out, the space disappears.

I gave background colors to all surrounding elements and the gap has no color of its own, only the background #2D2D2D, suggesting to me that it's a margin-related problem.

--Zachary

Wayne Godfrey wrote:

For some unknown reason IE Win is bent on driving me crazy (I'm sure it's all the nice things I've said). The file listed below works in Safari, FF, Opera and even IE on Mac as well as FF on Win. The CSS validates as does the XHTML, but on IE Win there is a huge space between my <h1> and the table below it. Now, I really stink at tables, but this one needs to be, so I'm not sure if it's my lousy table code or something else. I also have two other pages that have similar tables that are doing the same thing. Any help will be greatly appreciated as I'm about blind and out of answers on my end!

The file:
http://vtest.jrations.com/hubs-n-such.php

The CSS:
http://www.jrations.com/css/main_test.css
http://www.jrations.com/css/hubs.css

The second CSS file controls the table on this page.

Thanks in advance,

Wayne Godfrey
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

[EMAIL PROTECTED]