Tee,

I had a similar error when creating external link images utilizing a background image. In my case, the background image being ignored was on a link that preceded a comma. Once removing the comma the background image showed. Now, that doesn't make any sense to me, but I would try changing your text to see if you can get the image to appear. If so, then at least we know it's the same problem (meaning, it's not a solution, but it might help diagnose the problem).

Hope that helps,
-Nate

*Nathan Rutman* ([EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)
Corporate Communications Designer

*Solvepoint Corporation*
882 South Matlack Street, Suite 110
West Chester, PA 19382
800.388.1850 x1208
484.356.0990 (fax)
www.solvepoint.com <http://www.solvepoint.com>

tee wrote:

I have a group of h3 that shares the same background image.

#preamble h3, #supportingText h3, #explanation h3, #furtherExplanation h3,
#footnote h3 {
   font: normal 1.2em Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif;
   color: #573900;
   margin-left: 165px;
   padding: 35px 0 15px 40px;
   background: url(images/fist.jpg) no-repeat 0px 30px;
}

The #preamble h3 background image not showing up in PC IE but the rest of
the h3 are ok. This is all very strange, I can't find what I did wrong.

Here is the url:
http://clients.lotusseeds.com/dojoprocedures.html
Another page that is using the #preamble is 'Karate overview'.

There should have a fist image next to 'Dojo' and 'Karate overview', but
it's not there in PC IE 5.5/6.

Regards,

Tee