>> I may not be hip with the kind of basic design/marketing resources you frequent. I'd be particularly mindful of "marketing" resources, as they're clearly not an impartial or authoritive source of information on what the web was meant to be and what HTML should be used for...

You weren't following my reasoning. I wasn't saying that the marketing sites are a source for what HTML should be used for. I was claiming that I think they describe the interaction between presentation and content well - that there is a point where those layers cannot be separated and the presentation becomes part of the content. This was in context to how X/HTML is different from the written form of a speech, in that hearing the presenter deliver the speech (i.e. the presentation) feeds into the content.

I'm just not sure that the delivery of information is as cut and dry as we're trying to make it...and if it's not that cut and dry, one has to ask whether the model implemented in X/HTML is truly universal.
-Nate

*Nathan Rutman* ([EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)
Corporate Communications Designer

*Solvepoint Corporation*
882 South Matlack Street, Suite 110
West Chester, PA 19382