On Jul 13, 2005, at 7:03 AM, sam sherlock wrote:

Basic Splash Page that degrades (though in my case it can't degrade too much) directing the user to a site more suited to them (with some PHP trickery and a list of Bad Browsers) I don't want to emabrk upon a a tangent taking us off the focus of this list, lets say I had a list of known bad browsers and they get put to Junk/Old Skool site and all others go to the full xhtml experience (others later can view the full flash experience)

Since this is a music media site the main user base are expecting glitz n glamour, bells n whisltes a plenty. Not giving them this is against the wishes of the site owner.

The key unknowns about your proposal are:

- what browsers are included in your list of Bad Browsers (and how much of your audience is that)? - what do you mean by "full XHTML experience"? What XHTML features are you using that your Bad Browsers can't handle? - does the site owner agree that this is worth doubling the development costs?

--

    Ben Curtis : webwright
    bivia : a personal web studio