True, but how do you keep your site local on the web?
And what if my bussiness in Romania on dial-up finds your services in Australia (aimed at local "broadbanders") so attractive that wants to do business with you? Hey, maybe this way i can get my business on the broadband "level" but here in Romania ! What, you were planning to turn me down ... becouse i'm on dial-up in Romania?

<quote>
But part of the reality is that many websites have a specific target market.
One site I work on has a very narrow, highly specialized market. My client
knows his customers and potential customers. They are all on broadband. They
have to be for their industry.
</ quote>

 They have a specialized target in terms of industry, i agree, but not in terms of locations of their target clients ( i hope ). If i'm in the same bussiness in Romania (and i can pay) will they refuse me?

<quote>
But in the end, the client has the final say.
</ quote>

No the client does not have the final say. He has the initial one ... and it's our job to take them from the "Dark Ages of thinking" to "21st Century of doing" business on the net. :)