From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of James Denholm-Price
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2005 2:58 AM
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: Re: [WSG] Printed web pages with text cut in half at the bottom of
the page?

Hi Bennie & [EMAIL PROTECTED],

On 8/11/05, Bennie, Jack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Has anyone encountered the problem, when printing a web page, where the
last
> line of text is being cut in half?
>  By this I mean that the top half of the letters print on one page and the
> bottom half print on the next.
>
> Any suggestions as to what might be causing this and how to stop it? I've
> run some tests and it doesn't seem to be browser specific...

Can you quote an example?

According to discussion on css-d (e.g. [1]) it's often related to
floated elements -- it seems best to simplify your layout as much as
possible using a print style sheet to help current browsers to print
sensibly. See [2] for some more info.

HTH,
          James

[1] http://archivist.incutio.com/viewlist/css-discuss/60217