From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Patrick H. Lauke
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2005 1:14 PM
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: Re: [WSG] another 'open new window' dilemma

Janelle Clemens wrote:
> Does the reader not read the title tag which states "Link will open in a
new
> browser window."?    I thought that is why we use the title tag to give
more
> info on the link.

Not always. Depends on verbosity settings of screen readers, which in many
cases don't have that option enabled.

Also worth considering that title attributes are not exposed to users
browsing via the keyboard or similar device.

--
Patrick H. Lauke
re*dux (adj.): brought back; returned. used postpositively [latin : re-, re-