Tom,

on Monday, September 19, 2005 at 14:57 you wrote:

>> Martin's correct, class="red" is putting presentation in the markup.

> I disagree. <span style="color:#f00;">some_text</span> is puttiing
> presentation in the markup. class="red" is still a class that can be
> changes in the sheet. In my mind, the word red in this case is just a
> word, not a color.

Technically yes, but you'll agree that it is confusing to call the
class red which gives the text a blue color, don't you? If you want to
change the color, you've got to change the class name and probably the
css too.

So you'll agree that the name for the class is badly chosen. It is
from the semantic point of view a bad idea to use names of colors as
class names.

Sometimes it might seem or even be more flexible to use classes that
just add floats, clear or similar and which can be mixed with other
classes that give styling to the content. And yes, I do that too, but
I always feel guilty ;-)

regards

  Martin