Andy Budd wrote:
Q: do you trigger the 'extreme font-resizing bug' in IE/win on purpose? Sure makes 'largest' large enough, but 'smallest' ends up a bit too small.

I have to be honest and admit that I haven't come across that bug before. Did a bit of a search but couldn't find any details. Could you elaborate?

No surprise that you didn't find it. The bug is mentioned here and
there, but not in great details, AFAIK. Even ALA has triggered that bug
with their last re-design, so it is easy to get it wrong.

As others have mentioned already: it's the 'em' on body that triggers
that IE bug. More exactly, em-values less than 1.01 em is the usual
trigger, while larger em-values on body may work just fine.

A percentage-value on body is safe, regardless of value. 100.01% is
fine, but any other value will do as well, as long as differences
regarding the exact 'tip-over' points for converting em/% into px is
taken into account so all browsers display text (more or less) in the
same size to begin with.

It doesn't matter whether 'em' or '%' are used for text-elements further
in, since the IE-bug bug is only triggered on body itself.

regards
        Georg
--
http://www.gunlaug.no