Your thoughts please:

Let's say I have the classic 2 column layout with header and footer. I always try to sneak an "H1" within the header, but sometimes it doesn't work within that context. That forces me to do one of 2 things.

1. Put the H1 in there, but set it's display to "none" on the style sheet.

2. Set the header overflow to hidden, then set the top padding on the H1 to be a pixel more than the header's height - thereby hiding the heading text.

One problem I discovered with the second method - you can drag the content in Firefox, revealing the heading...

Which approach is better? Do search engine spiders know the heading is hidden in scenario one and skip that text? Is there a known workaround for the issue caused by scenario two?

Thanks,

Joseph R. B. Taylor
Sites by Joe, LLC
408 Route 47 South