What about writing the code so that the content area is close to the top of
the source?

Personally I am not a big fan of messing around with position of content to
hide it from visibility.

Actually... if I think about it... I am not a big fan of messing with search
engine rankings either. Dumping headings all over the place just to get a
better ranking is banned from search engines for a good reason.