Nolan Winthrop wrote:
http://www.47words.com

Not exactly following "best practices", with font-sizes _and_
line-heights defined in pixels.
You're getting the usual result: blocking font-resizing
in IE/win and causing text-overlapping in IE/win and Opera if user
overrides font-sizes.
In short: hard to read.

I'd really appreciate comments on the code, design, any ways I could make the markup more semantic, et cetera.

Markup and CSS pretty basic. Shouldn't be any problems apart from the above.
Design: fine with me.

Information on how things appear in Safari and other Mac browsers greatly appreciated, too, as I'm running Win XP.

Safari is OK.

IE/Mac: page not centered - try writing complete margins on container.
Shows nothing in header, and 'search' in wrong place and not very visible.

        Georg
--
http://www.gunlaug.no