>>You'll have to set font-size on td, for IE/win.

Either way I still have the problem of the table cell text either appearing too
large in ie, or too small in ff.

Without resorting to setting text size in pixels in my table, I can't find any
other way to prevent this from happening, I thought perhaps there might be a
hack out there that will pass 0.8em to ie, but not to firefox?