If you don't use CSS hacks you have 2 options.

1. Avoid CSS that is buggy in a browser.

2. Use other hacks like conditional comments. (Conditional comments
*are* hacks, there just intentional ones)

Number 1 is simply not an option unless your willing to look like
useit.com or something. Number 2 is hardly any better because when
future browsers come out either they will have fixed their CSS
implementations (and then life is happiness and glee) or they won't.
With CSS it's likely that you will have to do touchups but with
conditional comments you have to write another css file all together.

Also I don't want an M$ bitching session either. IE7 may not be perfect,
but it's a step towards interopability and standards (which is a really
big thing for Microsoft). I think we should encourage it all we can.

Peter Firminger wrote:
> If you've gone against all sane advice and used CSS hacks then you knew
> exactly what you were in for with future browsers and potential problems.
>
> I don't want to see an M$ bitch session develop here while Microsoft are
> seemingly trying very hard do the right thing (at last). Obviously we have
> to wait and see what the final release does.
>
> At that point, I really hope you're (general) not going to charge your
> customers if you have to fix up bugs (hacks) that you knowingly induced into
> their websites if you didn't make it clear to them at the time that hacking
> may require rectification in the future.
>
> Sorry for the smug "told you so", but many people including myself have made
> this very clear over the whole life of WSG. You only have yourself to blame.
>
> Peter
>
> <previously comment="I'm really sick of html emails on this list">

I second :)