MS have fixed the * html hack for IE7, which isn't a bad thing provided
the rest of the engine comes up to scratch.

I think the article acutally makes a pretty good case for throwing IE into
quirksmode and developing for one (lousy, but reasonably predictable)
version of IE instead of four (5, 5.5, 6, 7). Which is what I have done
for the last few sites I've built.

You don't even need a hack to do it, just include an xml declaration, a
comment or blank line as the first line in your page.

kind regards
Terrence Wood