> From:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> I don't entirely agree that the SSI is irrelevant to
> standards. I use XHTML Strict, and if my
> markup in the SSI file contains a deprecated property then it
> won't validate.

I don't think anyone is arguing that the "content" of the include
is irrelevant, the original question was about the syntax of the
include statement and its effect on validity. Since the validator
or browser never get to see the include statement, it is irrelevant.

Of course the content of the include file would need to be valid to
pass validation and hopefully display correctly in browsers. That
seems to be a given.

--
Peter Williams