From: Jonathan O'Donnell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, 14 November 2005 11:55 AM
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: Re: [WSG] Accessibility: Default placeholders

Leaving it there can be a problem.  I have seen a demonstration (at a
Melbourne WSG meeting, no less) where the agent placed the cursor at
the end of the place-holding text without reading it.  There is a real
danger that the user will enter text without knowing that the
place-holding text is there.