Nope: it's the demo page that is failing. Might be the browser (I'm
using Safari and Firefox at present, and rebuilding my Windows box
after a trojan popped in).

We're only talking a few pixels: the text does show the hover state,
but if I were to use a table cell, the entire cell would show it. At
present, the hover finishes at exactly the edge of the text, and not
to the div border.

Also, haven't licked the white text on hover bit, either - and yes, I
can see a conflict with the author/comment/timestamp tags.