From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Christian Montoya
Sent: Friday, 2 December 2005 8:47 AM
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: Re: [WSG] Mambo & Accessibility

If you want to find out which CMS is good for your needs, you might want to
check out:

http://www.opensourcecms.com/

They have live installs of maybe hundreds of CMS, all rated, user comments,
organized in categories. The installs are wiped every 2 hours, so you can go
in with the demo password and do whatever you want, try different features,
see the output, etc. You might find a CMS no one would think of suggesting
that might actually be perfect for you, and you don't have to worry about
installing something on your own server and having to uninstall it later.

To save you some time, most comments about Mambo on the site go along the
lines of "Mambo was good for a while, but there are better solutions now
that will save you lots of time." It might be faster to take the Mambo
database and port it into another CMS than try to make all the Mambo markup
standards-compliant.

Christian Montoya
christianmontoya.com ... rdpdesign.com ... cssliquid.com