morten fjellman wrote:
I would just like to share the solution to my problem.

div#menu a:hover { border-right:0; }

I do not understand why this makes IE show the hover text, but it does so I guess I'm happy. If anyone knows why it works please let me now. Otherwise just tuck it into the "IE is weird" category for future reference.

IE/win need /something/ to change on :hover for it to re-render and
release pop-ups. It has nothing to do with the link's content,
only the container - the link itself.

So even the slightest change of background, background-position, borders
and so on will make IE/win react. If there's no change at all for the
link-container, then IE/win will stay passive.

regards
        Georg
--
http://www.gunlaug.no