Bob Schwartz said:

> I had hoped for some real "solutions" when I posted my original two
> cents, but none came. I can only conclude there are none, yet.

Here's an easy solution: don't create designs that look like they're from
1998 (e.g the 2-col cnet yellow stripe and it's ilk)... there are so many
more creative and useful possiblities once you get past that design
pattern.

Heres another: use a single color background.

Disclaimer: this is not a personal attack on you Bob or anyone else who
likes multicolor columns, it's just a couple of ways to remove reliance on
using tables for layout.

kind regards
Terrence Wood

email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]