From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Lachlan Hunt
Sent: Thursday, 15 December 2005 4:17 PM
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: Re: [WSG] Justify this

Paul Noone wrote:
> Lachlan Hunt wrote:
>> Paul Noone wrote:
>>> I want to centre align text and justify it at the same time. I've
>>> applied the following mark-up which, surprisingly, does the trick.
>>>
>>> text-align:center justify;
>>
>> p { width: 50%; margin: 0 auto; text-align: justify; }
>
> Thanks for that but I was actually wanting to center align justified
> text for a particular purpose. Evidently my experiment is invalid.

If that isn't a solution to your problem, then you need to more clearly
explain what you are trying to do.  Conceptually, it makes no sense to both
center and justify text, since they are mutually exclusive values.

I tried your suggested code, but couldn't find any browser that produces the
result you described in either quirks or standards mode, all browsers I
tried correctly ignore the values and default to left alignment.

Please provide a better description, a sample document or some form of
illustration (eg. ascii art or a link to an image) that demonstrates the
effect you are trying to achieve.  If, as you say, the sample code you
provided does produce the effect you want, please provide a test case and
indicate which broken browser gives the intended result so we may see for
ourselves.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/